Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tropical Times

Hola!

Well I have just enough time for a few updates.

First off, Gitta is here! She arrived on Thursday, and has quickly adapted to the Mexican way of life. :) I am so impressed by her ability to pick up languages. She was already conjugating verbs during her very first class session, and she has never had a Spanish class before! We have been having a ton of fun seeing our friends, and spending time with our host family. It is nice to have her here.

Another interesting tidbit is that I am officially an illegal alien in Mexico as of today. The director of our school suggested that we check our documents to see how many days they gave us to be in the country, and it turns out that my time is technically up. I was only given 18 days and today is day number 19. Whoops! I should be fine, however. I am planning to make a trip to the U.S. consulate tomorrow to get it straightened out. If I don't make it back to the States, however, please divide my things equally amongst yourselves. :) I've had a good life.

Ok, in other news, school was cancelled for tomorrow because we have a tropical storm headed our way. Hurricane Henrietta hit Cabo today, and we should be getting some of the wind and rain tomorrow. No one seems to be expecting a hurricane, but technically anything could happen, so people are preparing for the worst just in case.

Overall, I am having a great time, speaking a ton of Spanish, and trying to avoid sunburns.

Love to all,
Bethany

5 comments:

Erin said...

Bethany, you crack me up. But seriously, if you don't come back, I get your clothes.

Love you sis!

Erin said...

Oh, and tell Gitta hello for me!

Lin said...

Ahh, Cilantros! You just had to post a pic from there. What good memories, I hope you had one of their fresh fish dishes with house salsa or fresh fruit plate.
I envy your "sleeveless" weather by the ocean but we should be back to that in a couple of days.
Must have been fun being back at Pueblo Bonita, more good times.
Have fun, be safe, you are both in our prayers. Love, Mom

Amy McMurtrey said...

Love you girls! I am home from Africa and all moved in to our little house! Can't wait for you to come home so I can hug you and hear all of your stories...and share mine too!

Anonymous said...

Hola! Que tal? Thank you for the message. I'm excited to see pretty photos! I wanna go to Mexico,too!
I wish you well.