Wednesday, April 30, 2008

London Town


We have had a few foggy days in London town over the past 2 weeks, but there have been beautiful ones as well. We take a coach to Bath tomorrow, and although London has been amazing, I am excited to downsize cities.

There is so much to do in London! It has been a bit of a challenge in fact to manage my time in a way that allows me to do and see everything that seems important. In the end, I decided to focus on enjoying my time here versus feeling pressured to see everything. Not to mention that I do study occasionally, and that takes up some time as well. :o)

One of my favorite things about London is that we were able to unpack our suitcases because we have been living in flats (apartments). There is something about the simple act of hanging up your clothes that makes you feel more at home. Here are some events that I have enjoyed while in London:

* Seeing The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theater- the very theater where the musical was first performed.

* Taking a river cruise on the Thames

* Attending a performance of Shakespeare's King Lear at The Globe Theater- We were there on its opening night for the season (which happened to be Shakespeare's birthday as well).

* Attending Henry IV Part 2 at The Round House theater

* Having a picnic with friends in Hyde Park

* Shopping at Camden market and bartering for clothes

* Visiting Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, and many other sites.

* Attending church at Holy Trinity Brompton- it was so nice to be in church. I have been traveling on most Sundays so church is an exciting event.

One of my very favorite times was just this past weekend when I went to visit my friend Robert in Germany- see my next post for all the details.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Lin said...

Thanks for the update. What a wonderful opportunity you are experiencing even with the cool weather...at least you are not missing good weather here either or sweltering in Mexico like last August. You will be home so soon now! Love Mom